New to Year 7 in 2014 – The year ahead!
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our Open Evening which is taking place on Thursday 26th September 2013 from 6pm. There will be a 20 minute presentation by Ms Lee, Headteacher and Miss Watterson, Deputy Headteacher, at 6.00pm and 7.30pm in the Main Hall.
For the remainder of the evening you will be able to have a look around the school, meet staff and students and experience learning here at Tarporley. Members of the Senior Leadership Team will also be available to answer any questions that you may have. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
If you would like to see the school in action, during a normal school day, then please book an appointment for a tour with some of our students on Friday 27th or Monday 30th September between 9.00 and 11.30am. Appointments can be made through Reception by ringing 01829 732558 or via e-mail email@example.com. Tours will last for approximately 45 minutes and there will be an opportunity at the end to ask any questions to senior members of staff.
Tours of the school are also available at other times throughout the year; please contact Reception to arrange a tour with Miss Watterson, Deputy Headteacher.
Other transition events:
Throughout the remainder of the year we also run other events to help support the transition for your child from Year 6 into Year 7. This is just a taste of what lies ahead!
- Tuesday 15th October & Thursday 17th October: Year 6 Curriculum Challenge Days – Maths & ICT
- Tuesday 11th February & Thursday 13th February: Year 6 Curriculum Challenge Days – Maths & Modern Foreign Languages
- Thursday 8th May – Year 6 Evening – find out more about the curriculum and our residential to the Conway Centre
- Tuesday 10th June & Thursday 12th June: Year 6 Curriculum Challenge Days – Maths & Science
- Monday 23rd June – Wednesday 25th June: Residential to the Conway Centre – meet your new tutor group, form tutor and have lots of fun!
- Tuesday 1st July & Thursday 3rd July: Year 6 Transition mornings – start to find your way around the school, visit the dining room and meet your tutor group again.
- Tuesday 8th July: Year 6 Transition Celebration Evening 6pm – A celebration of the journey towards Year 7. An opportunity for parents to meet their child’s form tutor, new friends and buy school uniform.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you would like any further information.