Tarporley Sixth Form College A-level Information Evening
We understand the importance of students choosing A-level subjects that fit with their strengths and potential career prospects, and as such, we are hosting an A-level Information Evening on 9th February 2017 from 5:00-7:00pm. This will offer students and parents an opportunity to speak directly to subject teachers in order to gain an insight into the A-level course content. We believe this evening will prove to be very informative and will help your son/daughter to make important decisions about his/her academic future.
There is no limit on the number of appointments students can make. Some students will be undecided at this stage about which courses to pursue. Choosing subjects can be a daunting task; Mrs Everton (Sixth Form Pastoral Manager) and I will be available if students and parents would like to speak to us about specific subjects needed for university courses; I will be in the main entrance hall; Mrs Everton will be situated in the Sixth Form College. The Senior Leadership Team will also be available to speak to throughout the evening. Additionally, on the evening, there will be current Year 12 and 13 students who can speak to Year 11 students about life in the Sixth Form.
Further subject information can be obtained from the Sixth Form prospectus – a copy is available on the website. Option blocks are set following 10th February; clashes rarely occur, if they do, we will contact you about your son/daughter’s options. Also, students can change their subjects once they receive their GCSE results in August and some continue to change subjects until the end of September (although option blocks will have been fixed by then).
To further ensure a smooth transition to Key Stage 5 study, we are planning A-level Taster Days on 24th April and 10th/11th July. Details will be available nearer to the time.
Director of Sixth Form
SIXTH FORM REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
Takes place during the morning of GCSE results day on Thursday 24th August 2017.
Welcome to the Sixth Form
We are very proud of the achievements of our students; they are an important part of our school community who excel academically and develop personally and socially during their time with us. Following GCSEs, choosing where and what to study is a big decision; most of our students complete their A levels in order to go to university and are given the support and guidance here in order to help them to pursue their ambitious aspirations. The two years of Sixth Form study are challenging and rewarding; we look forward to you joining us.
Latest Sixth Form News
- Sixth Form Information Evening January 24, 2017 EmailPrintWe understand the importance of students choosing A-level subjects that fit with their strengths and potential career prospects, and as such, we are hosting an A-level Information Evening on 9th February 2017 from 5:00-7:00pm.
- Festive Fun Day December 6, 2016 EmailPrintAs you will be already aware, we were unable to host our annual Christmas Market at Tarporley High School & 6th Form College this academic year. However, we would still like to celebrate the festive season with our students and find an opportunity to support local and national charities in the spirit of Christmas.
- Sixth Form College Open Evening October 6, 2016 EmailPrintThursday 20th October 2016 from 6.30pm
- A Level Results 2016 August 18, 2016 EmailPrint2016 has proved to be another successful year for Tarporley Sixth Form College with 53% of students being awarded top A Level grades (A*-B).
- Congratulations to Y13 January 18, 2016 EmailPrintAll of our Year 13 students, who applied for university courses, submitted their entries well before the January 15th UCAS deadline.